I never expected this year to be a roller coaster. Inside each week, each day, and each hour there is so much that can change. I am still not sure why God put me here. I didn't want to teach. Actually, I wanted to do almost anything but teach. Somehow I ended up applying for a teaching position in Comayagua Honduras. It must have been a God thing. There is no other explanation. I understand that I have been called here but I don't know why!
I'm struggling. I'm on the verge of drowning, of falling and never getting back up, and of admitting defeat. I was listening to music today and came across this song. It brought tears to my eyes. God was singing this message to my heart. He knows what I'm capable of. He knows how hard it is. He knows what I'm feeling. He even knew what would happen before I even accepted this call. It must end up okay because my God is a God of LOVE. I know He is always there for me. He walks by my side every hour of every day. I take Him for granted way to often.
Listening to this song made me think further using this analogy. I want you to imagine with me a beach. Maybe it's sunny, maybe it's foggy, or even rainy. You might be feeing happy, sad, upset, or defeated. Take a walk down this beach of life. Look behind you...you wont just see one set of footprints. No, you will see two. Your best friend Jesus was walking right by your side. Now, walk a little farther. Maybe you are walking over some rocks. The waves are crashing really close now and your feet are getting wet. It starts to rain. You look behind you and you can hardly see any footprints at all. You are struggling to make it to a safe, dry, and happy place.
These trials in life can overtake us. They can weigh us down with feelings of failure, unhappiness, and doubt. However, "our God is greater, our God is stronger, our God is higher than any other." He is always with us, especially through the hard times. Look behind you again. Find the footprints. Maybe you only see one set. You're frustrated with God and ask "God why did you leave me?" He promised to never leave you...EVER! Now imagine the voice of God. He whispers, "look closer...those footprints aren't yours...they're mine. I carried you through the storm. I love you."
No matter what we are going through our God NEVER leaves us. My toes are getting wet here this year but I think it might be God's way of helping me grow. It is wonderful to know that He is right here holding my hand. If it ever gets to hard for me to handle (and only He knows what is to hard) I can count on Him to not just walk with me but to carry me to a safe place.
God has helped me to the week before Christmas vacation. Who am I to want to give up when He will never give up on me. I need to continue to give it my all even though I dont feel like it. I encourage you to think about the rocky places in your own life. Don't think that God leaves you when it gets hard and uncomfortable. What true love looks like is not two sets but one set of Footprints In The Sand. Let God guide your life as he is guiding mine.
Happy Sabbath
Sarah,
ReplyDeleteI did not know you had a blog! Like too many others, I get caught up in what I think is my own little world; snapping out of my haze once in awhile. Like walking out of a dark theater into bright sunshine. Nice! I've alomst caught up on your writtings and have come to the conclusion (once again) that you indeed are a blessing to all you meet. Just a lil note to let you know we Sandidge' keep up with you Warts on this thing called FB. Pass on some hugs for us1 Happy Holidays! God's speed!!
"Multi-grain's Dad. :))