That was today for me. I made it through the entire day just fine. I only had two classes left to teach (both back to back with the same class). I went in expecting good things. Instead of being greeted by a pleasant class my students had been replaced with demon children! I was fed up. I could not tolerate them anymore. I think I may have scared them but at least by the end they were sitting silently. I made it through somehow.
Looking back on my day I realized something. For every one of my other classes I prayed before entering the classroom. This week the only thing that has gotten me out of bed in the morning and helped me teach my classes was prayer. Without God I can do nothing. I have no power or strength on my own. Why did I think that these last classes were somehow different? I didn’t even pray in the middle of class. I was so overcome by negative emotions that I couldn’t think straight.
God used today as a lesson. Not everyday here is going to be perfect…. actually, not any day. Something always happens to mess it up. However, what we choose to focus on does impact our outlook as we look back and assess how the day actually went. A friend of mine posted this on her Facebook status and it really spoke to me.
Laugh when you can, apologize when you
should & let go of what you can't change. Kiss slowly,
forgive quickly, play hard, take chances, give everything,
and have no regrets. Life is too short to be
anything but happy.♥
Let go of what you can’t change. Holding onto things only hurts you. Why did I let what mere second graders did effect my whole mood? The only way my outlook on life is going to change is if I change. I know that these next few weeks are going to be hard. I am completely ready for Christmas vacation. The only way I am going to make it is if I ask God for guidance, peace, understanding, strength, and a happy heart. No, it still wont be easy. Yes, I will still have to say a prayer every morning to ask God to drag me out of bed (5:30 comes early). I just know that without God I can do nothing and with God everything is possible. God has me in the palm of his hands. Now…all I have to do is smile.
No comments:
Post a Comment