These last few weeks have been rough. When I say rough I don't mean that they just weren't pleasant. No, I mean that I honestly wanted to go home. I had to go searching to find the positives in every day (sometimes every hour) so that I would be able to make it to the end of the day and the end of the week. God got me through. I don't really know how but He did. Last week was so much better. My classes ran smoother. The administration was more helpful and unified. Changes are happening to the school and I feel as if it is for the best.
I guess we have all heard to look for the positives in life but these last few week I really felt the importance and value of holding on to the good things. With those awful few weeks behind me I now look back and can see many more positive things. For example, God gave me strength when I didn't have any of my own, all of the SMs stood up for each other and helped get everyone through, and I still had moments with my students that touched my heart. I realized that in one day I lost track of the number of times my students said "I love you!" Even through the hard times God has a way of reminding us to not worry and to look for the good things. These good things always overshadow the bad. We might not think of it in that exact moment but by the end of the day it feels amazing to be able to say "God, I felt your hand in my life today when ____________ happened" or "Thank you God for __________."
Even if I can't find any great positive about not being home right now I can look outside and see the sunshine. I am so thankful that it is in the 70s in November! Every time I go outside I can't get over the fact that at home there is snow and here it is only getting hotter! I'm counting down the weeks until Christmas break. I can't wait for our trip and time off from teaching. Time is going by so fast.
We only have 4 more week of school until Christmas break! We are encroaching on one of the most family oriented, tradition packed, holiday seasons of the year. We all want to be home with our families making food, laughing, remembering "the good ol' days", making new memories, and just being together. For all of us SMs out in the world this is not a viable option. This leads to home sickness, frustration, and longing...BUT...can also lead to adventure, new traditions, new friends, and lots of fun! I am really going to miss being home for Thanksgiving (it's my favorite holiday). Even though we can't spend the holidays with our families I hope that we continue to look for the positives and make a new memory for this holiday season.
Keep your chin up. There is always something to be thankful for.

No comments:
Post a Comment