Many of you might find this post strange but please bare with me as I explain :)
This week has not been the easiest. I've been at war with my body, fighting who knows what sickness, and trying to get my voice back so that I can actually teach. I am still not there but I do have a long weekend coming up that I sorely need.
I watched a wonderfully amazing Disney movie called Tangled. I seriously love this move. It is so sweet! Anyways, at the end of the movie I had an epiphany. This story is the story of Rapunzel but with a twist. As many of you know Rapunzel was kidnaped as a baby and raise by an evil woman who (in this movie) wants to use her to stay young. Eventually Rapunzel finds the courage to leave the tower and to find her way to the city to see the floating light, which has been her dream ever since she can remember. She goes through many trials along the way and in the end finds out she is the lost princess and the floating lights are for. These lights are a way of saying that her family believe that she will come back to them someday. They haven't lost hope and never will. She finds her real home in a palace with a family who loves her for HER and not for her magical hair.
Right now you are probably saying to yourself "what's the point in all this Sarah?" Well...here it is. I started relating this story to my spiritual journey. I am living a life in a tower, protected by much of the evil and sin in the world. I might not be doing bad but I'm not really doing good either. Sometimes my authority might not be coming from the right place. I might be listening to the voice of a deceitful "mother" or tempter instead of listening to the voice of the God who made me and has a home for me where I will be loved for who I am not for what I have or what I can do. I have to take a huge leap of faith out of my tower. I have to trust that there is something better out there for me. Yes, maybe my life right now is going along smoothly but I know that if I put my trust in God my life will be filled to overflowing with blessings and opportunities to do His service.
I am on my journey. I have left the tower. I'm not sure if my feet have even touched the ground yet but at least I've begun. God has so much in store for me. I'm sure there will be hard times (just like there were in the movie). I'm also sure that there will be many good times. Eventually I will make it home to this amazing palace with a Father who loves me so much. Every day He calles to my heart to make the decision to put my trust in Him.
One day soon I will be with Him in heaven, in a palace He made for me. I'm a princess! I have a family in heaven who loves me so much that they will never stop looking for me, calling me, so that I may live with them forever. What an amazing story!
Just call me Rapunzel:)
No comments:
Post a Comment