"Happiness cannot come from without. It must come from within. It is not what we see and touch or that which others do for us which makes us happy; it is that which we think and feel and do, first for the other fellow and then for ourselves." -Helen Keller

"Everybody can be great... because anybody can serve. You don't have to have a college degree to serve. You don't have to make your subject and verb agree to serve. You only need a heart full of grace. A soul generated by love." -Martin Luther King, Jr

Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Little Things

I have recently be noticing the little things that God does for me. Tonight I didn't leave the school until after 7pm. That is a really long day! We had parent teacher meetings that went and hour over time. At this time of day it is dark outside and almost everyone has already gone home. I began to worry about how I was going to get home safely. I didn't have money for a cab and I didn't have anyone to walk home with. I was not really worried about my safety but the concern of being robbed and having my computer stolen was definitely a concern. I prayed while I was talking with the last few parents that God will provide a safe way home. Well, a ride did come but I missed it. I could finish up with those last few parents fast enough. However, when I left the classroom I saw that one of the other SMs had waited for me (giving up her free and safe ride) to make sure that I made it home safely. She also had money for a cab! We had almost left the gate to the school when I noticed that I didn't have enough money (only half). I had just enough up in my locker to cover the rest. By the time we made it back down to the parking lot there was another teacher just leaving with a car.
God is good. We got a ride home (and it was free). In addition this teacher lives right next to us so it wasn't even out of the way! What an awesome God we serve. He even listens to the simplest of prayers. After such a long day, feeling God's presence on the way home restored me and reminded me of my purpose here. I hope that all of you stop to thank God for the little things in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment